Shooting is will begin in July, 2015 on the new Disney Channel Original Movie “For Wheelz”, and the casting directors are auditioning talent for the lead roles, as well as co-starring, and day player speaking roles. Auditions are taking place in Los Angeles and also in Victoria & Vancouver, BC where shooting will take place through August, 2015. Roles are being cast for high school aged teen males and females, as well as adults to play teachers, and some younger roles such as the 8-year-old Karate kids.
“For Wheelz” centers on teenager Mark, who has tried to get his driver’s license five times and five times he’s come up empty. But when the coolest most popular girl in his class asks him to drive her to an exclusive pool party, he needs a sure thing – which is exactly what he finds in driving instructor Glenn Bufferton, a man who passes testees like he passes gas, frequently. Unfortunately, just as he’s about to achieve his dream, Mark’s test turns into a nightmare when the instructor’s life falls apart. Out of options and needing a win, Mark helps reunite this buffoon with his wife in exchange for passing the exam, sending him and his vertically-challenged best friend Russell on a cross-town adventure involving angry tow truck drivers, eight-year-old karate champs, and a maniac squirrel. This odyssey will test the limits of their endurance, the limits of their car, and the limits of their friendship – and pose the question: How far will Mark go to join the ranks of the cool crowd? He’s faced the pressure five times before, but this time it’s For Wheelz.
Daytime Emmy Awards nominee Jonathan A. Rosenbaum will direct “For Wheelz” from a teleplay written by Dave McHugh & Matt Flanagan. Executive producers are Kim Arnott and Robyn Snyder.
Principal Actor Casting
See the post titled Headshot and Resume Information regarding how to submit for acting roles.
Submit photos and resumes by mail only.
No phone calls or personal drop-offs.
15001 Calvert Street
Van Nuys, CA 91411
I highly recommend that your 8×10 color headshot and resume along with the cover letter be sent in a 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelope with the photo visible in the window.
Click Here to purchase 9 x 12 Clear Full Face Window Envelopes.
Click Here to purchase the best resume and cover letter paper.
All talent must be legally eligible to work in Vancouver, BC and Canada. The 2015 Vancouver Actors Resource Guide eBook has the documents and details for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in Vancouver and British Columbia:
• Guide to Child Labour Laws in Canada
• Canadian Work Permit Information Sheet for Foreigners
• Canadian Application for Temporary Resident VISA
• British Columbia Child Labor Guidelines
• British Columbia Work Permit Application for Foreigners
• British Columbia Newcomers Guide
• British Columbia Temporary Foreign Workers Factsheet
• British Columbia Employment of Young People in the Entertainment Industry
• British Columbia Trust Funds for Children working in the Entertainment Industry
• Using Groups for Background in the British Columbia Entertainment Industry
In addition to the following Vancouver Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Vancouver Casting Directors List
• General Talent Agent Information
• Vancouver Talent Agents List
• Vancouver Extras Agents List
• Vancouver Acting Schools and Coaches List
• Vancouver Headshot Photographers List
• Actors Unions
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Vancouver Resources
• PDF Users Guides
All 2015 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.
To Be Posted Soon
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies, as they will most likely end up being thrown away. They do not cast the films, rather they hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
Dude Where’s My Movie Services, Inc.
844 Johnson Street
Two For The Money Media
1722 West 2nd Avenue
10277 West Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90067
3800 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91505
Jonathan A. Rosenbaum
Follows the adventures of teens Mark and Russel, as Mark embarks on a wild and desperate attempt to score a driver’s license.